onsdag 30. september 2009

Pretty results

In the results I so proudly presented I always reacted to the very black corners. I initially feared that this was due to some central mistake in my whole architecture, but happily it turned out to be just a small factor of ten-mistake in the size of my hemicubes. This goes to show two things:

  • The maths on which radiosity is based is sound. As long as I try to do this correctly, it will work

  • This kind of bugs is what I get for building my code with duct tape rather than what I know to be the good methods

Let's move on to the new and more beautiful results! I feel that these results exhibit the wanted warmth of radiosity rendering.

The room

Detail: Corner

Detail of the corner under the lamp. Notice that it is darker in the corner and how natural this feels.

Detail: Floor

I have no idea why this pattern appears on the floor. Time to check that duct tape.

Detail: Wall

Another pattern appears on the walls opposing the lamp. Another reason to check that tape.

Fly through

And finally another fly through. This time I use the Wii remote interface for controlling. (That was something I added when I needed a break with something fun to do :)

1 kommentar: