søndag 6. september 2009

Welcome

In the spirit of getting things done, I will not spend much time on welcoming you to my blog. There are just these few things I would like to say:

  1. This blog is my blog, where I will hopefully do random braindumps. However, the main theme for the blog is my radiosity-renderer project.
  2. I've walked right into the trap of making my own blogging engine (contrary to the spirit of getting things done). It is, however, really simple: I write things in Markdown in my project's source code repository with some conventions on filenames. This is mostly enough for me, but I will make a script or two to render this into HTML and publish it somewhere.
  3. The project is older than this blog. That means I will not be able to talk about everything as I go along. I hope to write some new posts as I figure certain things out (this is probably the most fun) as well as retrospective posts about how I arrived at doing things a certain way. Right now, I am regretting not having a blog for this project from day one, and I wonder if I will at some point in the future come to regard blogging as as essential to programming as having a version control system. It is good to have a way of organising your thoughts.

Enjoy!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar